The World Affairs Council of Orange County & Chapman University’s Center for Global Education present:
Academic WorldQuest (AWQ)
We are preparing for the 2024 Academic WorldQuest competition and would like to extend an invitation to students to participate in this great opportunity that comes along with a chance to win a fully funded trip to Washington D.C. Last year we had a great turnout and are looking to have the same atmosphere.
As a refresher, the World Affairs Council of Orange County works to foster global citizenship by engaging our community in discussions about current international affairs. We also strive to incorporate high school students into these discussions. Each year, alongside 90 other World Affairs Councils and comprising nearly 4,000 high school students across the United States, our Orange County chapter hosts a local academic competition for high school students regarding international affairs called Academic WorldQuest.
A group of four students and their adviser would represent your school as they strive to correctly answer the most questions related to international affairs, current events, geography, world history, and culture. The World Affairs Council of Orange County awards the winning team with a fully sponsored trip to Washington D.C. to compete in the national Academic WorldQuest competition which will be held on April 20, 2024. There is no cost to your school.
The local competition will be held on Saturday, March 16, 2023 at the Chapman University – Sandhu Conference Center. A study guide will be distributed from the national World Affairs Council board to the participating schools after registration. We are hoping to confirm participants as soon as possible so that students have adequate time to prepare. If you are interested, please reach out to Programs Manager, Krista Seitz at email@example.com
Invest in Our Global Leaders!
Help a new generation go global! Your generous tax-deductible donation to our AWQ program will empower today’s youth to explore and discuss critical global issues, fostering a generation of informed and engaged citizens ready to tackle the challenges of our world.
- A $50 tax-deductible donation will enable one high school student to participate in the program.
- A $500 tax-deductible donation funds one round-trip flight to Washington D.C. for one high school student from the winning team.
- A $2,000 tax-deductible donation covers the flights for the winning high school team (four students) to Washington D.C.
- A $5,000 tax-deductible donation covers the flights and the lodging for the winning high school team (four students) for the trip to Washington, D.C.
- A $10,000 tax-deductible donation covers the hotel room costs, airfare, and meals for the winning high school team in Washington D.C. (four students)
Please make your donation here or mail your check to:
2151 Michelson Dr. Suite 264, Irvine, CA 92612
Saturday, March 16, 2023
Check-In opens at 11:30 AM
Competition will take place from 12:00PM to 4:00 PM
Chapman University – Sandhu Conference Center
571 North Center Street
Orange, CA 92867
Lunch will be provided for students