WACA and Councils to provide 25 Student Scholarships for 2017 National Conference
The National Board of Directors of the World Affairs Councils of America is pleased to announce that WACA will offer 25 scholarships for undergraduate students from the Council network to attend our 2017 National Conference – The Future of American Leadership – November 15-17 at the Capital Hilton in Washington, DC.
This year’s WACA Conference promises to be a special opportunity for our network of Council leaders, members, friends, and students to engage with many leading policy makers and analysts about critical national security issues and America’s role in the world.
This is a competitive program. The scholarship includes registration fees plus $1,000 per student to be used towards travel, lodging, and/or incidentals. The Scholarship will be implemented as follows:
- WACOC will select one student who will be nominated for 2017 WACA National Conference
- Nominated student will be reviewed by the National Office in consultation with the WACA
- National Board of Directors. 25 students from around the country will be selected to attend the 2017 WACA National Conference
- The candidate must be an undergraduate student-18 years and older. High school and graduate student are NOT eligible
- Student must submit the Nomination Form along with their college transcript
- Nominations are due by Tuesday, October 10th, 2017. Send the nomination form and the transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org